Wednesday 7 March 2012

... Or are People obsessed with Blogging?

It seems to me that nowadays there is a craze and almost an obsession with people thinking their voice must be heard, whether this be through Blogging, social commentary through online articles or forums, or simply through lengthy, pretentious, and frankly annoying statuses. It just seems that people nowadays seems to think they have something worth sharing with the World and it's Dog, and why? Just because we have the capability, and apparently in our Democratic state, the right to exercise free speech and freedom of thought, doesn't mean we all have to begin sharing our thoughts, because frankly who cares? I know what you are all thinking, and yes I'm being a massive hypocrite, however there is actually a purpose to this Blog (hopefully), mostly for my own benefit, I mainly see this Blog as a creative outlet for me to rant about things that honestly, purely irritate me so much, I'm worried about my health if i don't vent this anger in any other way. I aim to make it a pleasurable read on my way, before you begin to think 'what's the point of going on?'.

Firstly, I frequently try to think why people continue to write these blogs, is it yet another case of people having way too much time on their hands, and not quite knowing what to do with it? or maybe it's simply our generation of having a compulsive need for the internet in our lives? Don't get me wrong there are many people who blog about very interesting and necessary subjects, and do a very good job, but really do any of us really need or want to read about the daily routine of a feline pet? I'd like to see how many blogs are just made up of recycled and mundane topics such as football and the weather, which is why I'm joining the many bloggers how seem to get some sick satisfaction from moaning about all that is wrong with the modern world.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, this is going to serve as a creative outlet for me to rant about you all, then only to spam your pages, forcing you to read this back and to give me some reaction so I can feel some form of appreciation and well-being. I think the blog is the perfect medium for my views on society as I've never had the patience to start formulating a complex enough plot line let alone to write a novel, and let's just say I'm way too grounded in reality to write any kind of Poetry. Also, I'm pretty bored of just seeing the blue and white colours of Facebook waiting for something to happen, so at least I can get a sense that I'm doing something productive with my life this way. There is one message I'd like to pass on to you and that is to not take anything I post seriously, I am merely an old cynical Gent in the body of a 20-year old man. In a former life I'd be the old fart at the back of the local sipping at a pint of Bitter on my own moaning to the various pub staff about the ways of the World. I would love for you all to be my unknowing, falsely polite audience forced to hear my every word. Apart from that, please enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment